Sunday, November 6, 2011

All is Calm.....


All has been calm around the home front today. We have had a wonderfully quiet day with a family breakfast this morning and a walk out with the cows afterwards. The grass was so crunchy under our feet, it can't help but remind me that winter is just around the corner. We always get excited about winter. For us it means nesting, comfort food and slowing down for about 4 weeks around the holidays to reflect and enjoy our children before gearing up for the baby calves being born in January.

I was lucky enough for my husband to take Peanut out to do some chores in the barn this afternoon while Little Miss Q slept. It gave me some time to continue with the Christmas cards and get some ready to send overseas before the deadlines with Canada Post. It also afforded me some time to haul out the sewing machine and play with the settings a little. While I made some errors with stitches going a little too fast, I think every homemade card shouldn't be perfect, because it reflects the fact that it was not mass produced.

My Recipe:

Stamps: CC Designs and Stampendous
Ink: Memento
Cardstock: We R Memory Keepers
Punch: Stampin' Up!
Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants
Stickles: Ranger
Canvas Tape: Little Yellow Bicycle
Smootch: Clearsnap Holdings Inc.

Copics Used: E01, E02, E11, R59 R89, BG 32, BG72, BG75

1 comment:

 

Copyright 2009 Kelly Matyasovszky | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations