Monday, November 7, 2011

Somebunny Special......


Growing up, I always loved to put purples and sky blue together. There was just something mystical about it. I paired the colours together with bedding, my clothes, colouring and even on my 6th grade colouring and shading assignment. It was my 6th Grade teacher, Mr. Dach, that really broadened my horizons with art, even though he wasn't our art teacher. He was our math teacher, homeroom teacher, gym and health teacher and social studies teacher. He also taught us poetry and about lettering and shading. He taught us to think outside the box and to do view things differently than we had in the past. I have been thinking alot about Mr. Dach. He was the first person I knew that adopted a child. I always loved to hear his stories about his son, Ryan, and everyone knew what a proud father he was. He opened up my mind to families being more than blood or DNA. He put the first notion of the fact that there are no boundaries when it comes to what a family 'should be' into my head.

 Mr. Dach won a prestigious teaching award a couple of years ago, around the time that he retired. Apparently, he has meant a lot to a lot of students! He changed my outlook on a lot of things and I am abundantly grateful every day for the support and the time he took to educate me. He really is "somebunny special" and I made this card to send him, with a picture of the kids to let him know how grateful I am and what a difference he made.

My recipe:

Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas
Punches: EK Success
Rhinestones and Glitter Cardstock: Michaels
Patterned Paper: Queen and Company
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics and Stamping Bella
Ribbon: Stampin' Up!
Liquid Applique: Marvy Uchida
Stickles: Ranger

Copics I Used: E47, E49, BV20, BV23, BV31, B0000, B000, B00, B0, B01, B02, B04, RV11, RV13, V04, V05, V06, V09, V15

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 Kelly Matyasovszky | Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations